18 June 2012

Fiskars and Fynmark ...what a great combo! part 1


good Morning everyone! i have been a little slack again lately :(  i have a bunch of Fiskars projects i have created to share with you but just have not had the time to pop them up here on the blog! my lovely little 1 year old has hit terrible 2's early! and OMG she has become a little monster! 
So while i have her quiet watching teletubbies, i am going to "try"to share with you!
Fiskars was kind enough to send me a bunch of Fynmark's Ruby Rock it range of patterned papers card and embellishment a little while ago. I have been a busy little bee over the past few weeks.....when all are in bed;) ... and have made a few little projects.

First up is a little card.

DT fynmark card (Large)
DT fynmark card inside (Large)

You may have seen the image i have coloured before. When i colour an image i really like i tend to colour a couple at the same time so when i need a quick image, hey presto! i have one ready and waiting.I use copic markers for my colouring.
I took this image and using my Fiskars fingertip knife....which IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!.....and cut out the image.
Then i took my blank card and glued some of the paper on the card inside and out. With my Fiskars interchangeable border punch and cartridge - up in the clouds i punched an edge on my card. the punch had no issues going through the card and 2 layers of paper.
( if it had have been a more detailed punch i would have punched each individually and then lined up to glue.)
I then took some of the embellishments and added to the card along with a game spinner and some twine.
In the  inside i cut a strip of Paper with my Fiskars Trimmer and then folded it back and forth like to create a little embellishment for the inside of the card. Using my Fiskars corner rounder i then trimmer another piece of patterned paper to add to the card for a message to be written.
The card turned out quite cute and the range of Fynmark papers and embellishment looked great together. All the products apart from the stamped image can be purchased from Spotlight.

Ok next up is a layout.

Fynmark layout (Large)
DT fynmark layout closeup1 (Large)


With this layout i used the Bella! cardstock that is embossed. I then used my Fiskars Trimmer to make a few paper strips to place across the page. one i folded and the other i trimmed the edges for a different effect.
I then took my Fiskars Shape express and the Fiskars oval template and cut a bunch of Ovals out of the lined patterned paper. i then over lapped them to get a scalloped effect on the bottom of my page.
I then coloured the bella! white lace trim with a copic marker to match my papers.
Lastly i used a couple of dies to make the felt flowers and a die cutting machine to make the title.
I added some buttons and a few gems and my page was finished.
All the papers and Fiskars tools again are available at your local spotlight store.
I hope you have enjoyed a few of my projects.

I have 2 more to share in a few more days.

Tara :)


No comments: