04 January 2017

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.





Wow! Its been forever since I did a challenge, I spend so much time freelance writing for craft magazines, writing tutorials for Fontbundles.net and looking after the kids, it feels like I never get time to create just for creating sake! everything I seem to make is for work.

But with the school holidays here and my hubby is off for a week I have finally got a bit on "Me" time and thought I'd enter a challenge!!!

So this week I am entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge .
This week the challenge is Anything Goes with a spotlight on Lindys Stamp Gang products. I swear I owned some Lindys Stamp gang spritz, but I cant find them :( So I had to improvise and use a few other brands of spritz instead! Tho I will be purchasing their spritz after seeing some of the great cards made with the unique colours!!!!

I'll post a quick tutorial of what I did to create this card.



You will need the following-

Blank card
Cardstock - copper, black glitter, gold glitter
Watercolour paper
Sequins
Spritz - Distress mica spray-antiqued bronze, sheer shimmer spritz-gold
Stamps - Sweet Stamp Shop- Birthday sentiments, Inkadinkado - 60-01220 (geeky cat)
MFT Dienamics - Chevron stripes
Adhesives- Tape runner, Multi matte medium,foam tape
Coloured Pencils
Black ink - Ranger Archival Ink


1- Stamp your image on watercolour paper and trim. Place on a mat or somewhere safe to spray with your ink. I used a old cardboard box.


2- Spritz with the Copper Spray. Let dry (or heat dry) then spray with the gold spritz. Let dry.


3- Once Dry, colour in the image with pencils. I wanted a subtle look on the kitty so I only used lighter colours and blended them a little with grey/fawn pencil.


4- Once coloured, Layer on black glitter cardstock, then cover your blank card with copper card.
Die cut your gold chevrons and place onto your card. Adhere the image onto your card with foam tape. Add sequins.



The card took me under 20 min to make!
I love how spritz can give your cards a great shimmery look but at the same time does not detract from your stamped image.

Make sure you check out everyone elses awesome makes for this challenge!! I really enjoyed creating just for fun rather than work!!!

Until next time.......

1 comment:

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, love the image you used. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x