26 February 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #28- Distress mania....and i seem to have my groove back...

After a not so great day yesterday crafting, my mojo seems to have come back! maybe it must have been me using Lawn Fawn stamps!  I always seem to smile when i take them out, and you can guarantee that Zoe is not far behind wanting to make a card too!
so  this challenge is Distress mania!

I am usually a real CAS card maker though i do love anything by Tim holtz! which is like polar opposites! but for some reason i end up using Tim;s range in CAS cards.
So i made my card today with a LOT of distressing,sanding inking and paper piecing!
here is my card.

 I used Lawn Fawns critters in the woods and critters in the burbs for my card. I used core'dinations card-stock for all the paper piecing and sanded and tore the paper to give the distress look. i also used coordinating Tim Holtz Distress inks to colour. I used rock candy Distress paint to make the trees and log crackly, the clouds paper is by kaisercraft and the sun was a hello kitty sizzix die.
The card went really well together! also i did layer the dragonfly and clouds with 3D foam but you cannot really see it well in the pic....sorry!

Zoe decided to create a card for the challenge too so she used Lawn Fawns critters in the seas. Zoe cut and glued the fish and then stamped a sentiment on the card. she did have a go with the sandpaper ,but now i have a patch on my dining room table with no varnish! i think i may just put a vase over it and not tell rob!, then if i colour the mark with copics no one will be the wiser!shhhhhhhhh don't tell ok!



I hope you like both our cards. Then lawnscaping challenge is on till march 1st here.

Tara :)

1 comment:

Laurel Beard said...

Wow, look at the scene with all of those clouds! WOW WOW WOW! I can tell a lot of work into this card! I am so glad you played along with us this is fantastic!

And I love your solution for the table. Cover it up or color it with Copics! HA HA HA!

Zoe, your card is awesome. I left you a comment on the other post!