29 February 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks challenge 23rd - 7th March

This week Paper Smooches Sparks challenge has a real ocean feel to it. i know the picture for inspiration is a clock but i love the seaside feel to the pic.
Here is the picture.


and here is my card.

To create this card i first made the background by wetting a piece of white cardstock then with a blending tool striped broken china and iced spruce distress ink on the wet card, then dried it with my heat gun.
I cut and trimmed it them placed on my blank card. I then stamped and coloured with copic markers the pelican and log from Paper smooches surf and turf stamp set.
Next i got some cardstock inked it with broken china and iced spruce distress ink, then with a Fiskars boundary waters border punch, punched out the waves,cut and layered them.
I glued on the pelican and log, and fish in his mouth. them with distress inks i dyed some silk ribbon to make a seaweed effect on the side of the card.
so head on over to the paper smooches sparks challenge and have a go!

Tara:)

6 comments:

maddymuscles said...

Very cute! I love the background!

Jay Gee said...

Your background is perfect Tara as is the colouring of your pelican - love his goggly eyes. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

Lori Barnett said...

GREAT card! I love that set...and your take on the inspiration photo is right on!

Audrey said...

Oh my word, this is amazing! I love how the seam binding looks a bit like seaweed, and those googley eyes totally make the project. Thanks for joining us for this SPARKS Challenge! :)

Linda Beeson said...

Very cute and such a neat use of that SPARKS challenge.

Marie said...

Wow, love the grey to white coloring of the bird here! Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge =)