12 July 2011

Tuesday Tutorial.... making tags with punches

We all want to add a little sentiment to our cards when we make them and sometimes just do not have the right bit of card to stamp it on, or even the bit of card needs jazzing up a little. Sometimes like me i just do not want to take out my cuttlebug ,dies and the rest of the stuff that goes with die cutting a tag for a card. As you can see on my card for day 12 i have used a different technique to create my tag for the sentiment. I have used my Fiskars border punch. It is very easy to do and takes like 2 mins!
First line up your card with the edge of the design. it doesn't matter if it cuts in the middle of the paper we will correct it in a minute.


Punch. Then take your card to the other side and line up again.
Punch. you will note once all punched the pattern starts at the edge of your card.
flip the card over and do the same to the other side. Ensuring that the pattern lines up with the opposite  end.

Once you have done this, you can cut along the end of the pattern. If you need a bigger tag cut after 2 patterns.
And there you have it! a little tag for your sentiment. i added a little dotted line around the edge for my card and stamped my sentiment in the middle(as seen in last post)
 This technique also works well with the new Fiskars corner lever punches. You can take out the corner part and then punch in the same way. I have used 2 different Fiskars corner lever punches in the pics below.

this one i have added some card to show how you can use the photo corner punch.
Don't forget to check out the ANZ Fiskars blog for more great ideas and also don't forget my give-away this month. just load up a card to this post and be in the chance for some goodies!

1 comment:

Lyn Dwyer said...

great tutorial Tara......you sure have given the punches a great workout

xoxo
Lyn