25 January 2012

Copic Oz new colours challenge

I love R59 in the Copic range, i do not know why i just do. So when i heard that they are bring out a new colour that will go with R59 i was really excited. I mean i still shade with R59. i tend to use R43 and R46. But they just do not flow as well as the should. But NOW............. we have a new colour to the mix..........R56!
Yeah! a better blending option!
So with this in mind, and the fact that i had to make my parents a 40th wedding anniversary card i decided to enter the Copic Oz New Colour Challenge
There are 12 new copic sketch colours coming for 2012 and you can win them all by entering the above challenge.
I had already picked out a image for my parents card. A cute image from The Greeting Farm  it looks very much like the image my parents had on their wedding invites in 1972 so it seemed perfect. next was what to colour the image???? And it just happened my parents wedding was burgundy so GREAT! i used my R83,85 and 59 to colour the image in along with several other colours.
All the colours i used can be found at Mad 4 Markers online store to purchase.


Here is the image coloured.


And here is my finished card. I used Basic grey papers, created my own sentiment with Lawn Fawn alphabet set of stamps-sally's ABC's and several My Favorite Things die-namics dies.



I did not really want to do too much on the card as the papers were quite busy and to be honest i wanted the focus to be the image. That was what it's all about, the happy couple!

Here is mum and Dad before they got married. and where i got the inspiration for the hair colours etc.


I can't believe that is over 40 years ago!!!

Tara:)

1 comment:

Jay Gee said...

Wow, 40 years, that is fantastic! This is such an adorable image Tara and your colouring is beautiful :)